Thursday, December 18, 2014

Crazy Cat Lady.....

"You two need to stop making out in the kitchen."

Hubby and I frequently smootch in the kitchen.  It's one of the places we see each other the most: Prepping meals, unloading groceries, doing dishes, making tea.  Snagging a kiss is just a perk of a tiny prep space. 

Babygirl mused on.  "It's weird to think of two total strangers kissing each other." 

I pointed out that after more than thirteen years of marriage her dad and I can hardly be considered strangers, but she pointed out that we WERE total strangers once, and that at THAT point we must have thought about kissing each other and wasn't THAT weird?  My mom then observed that Babygirl herself would be doing something similar someday, and got this horrified reaction:

"Oh, NO I'm not!  I'm just going to be a crazy cat lady!"

Oh. My. Goodness.

My sides may still be aching tomorrow.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment