Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Maturity....

November is gratitude month, and I already missed the first day.  Such is life, I suppose.

I've set a personal record on Blog Silence, and there is a reason:  Babygirl is growing up.  Not too long after my last post we were discussing some random thing, and she made a comment about whether or not I was going to blog about it.

Don't get me wrong. It's not as if I didn't know she knew about the blog.  But the blog's been here for over five years and it was the first time I could recall hearing her mention it.  And there was something in the WAY she mentioned it that made me wonder:  Does she mind?

You have to understand there there are hundreds of intimate details of our lives that never make it into the blog.  I DO have a filter of sorts.  But there are details that perhaps, now, need a better filter.  A more mature eye.  A gentler hand.

Today I am grateful for maturity.  I am grateful that Babygirl and I have survived five and a half years of chronic kidney disease together, and that she has had the chance to grow into a young adult in my home. But she is a different person than I am, quieter and more private.  More SnapChat and less Facebook, if you will.

So, the first 699 posts were Kid.  This is post #700. We have the kidney.  Maybe time for things to shift.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment