Saturday, January 27, 2018

Endless Artificial Energy...

Tuesday evening the right side of my head began 'tweaking.'  It wasn't really a typical headache thing, exactly, just a pinging pain above and behind my ear that came and went, sometimes with movement, sometimes for no reason.  It woke me up a handful of times before midnight. Migraine pills didn't help.  Hydrocodone knocked me out between 'pings' but I didn't sleep solid.

I worked Wednesday, and it seemed okay, or at least not intrusive. Wednesday evening?  More of the same.  By the time I was done with work on Thursday I was exhausted, and the 'pinging' started as soon as I got home.  I'm not a crier, but I cried, which scared my hubby a bit.  I gave up on the pills and tried a glass of white wine (reds can make it worse).  I slept a bit at first, but my Fitbit testifies to a bad night.

I got up Friday morning already exhausted, took the dogs for a walk and got ready to go to Physical Therapy (oh, that?  My left shoulder's a bit torn up for no apparent reason.  I'm hoping PT will help me dodge the surgery bullet) when some bastard hit the right side of my head with a baseball bat.  (If I EVER catch that invisible so-and-so....!)

I took three Tylenol and some sumatriptan, and logged on to the Emergency Room's pre-registration site.  I figured I'd have more than enough time to do my PT before they'd be able to see me.  (I was right. I arrived 20 minutes late and still waited a couple of hours.  Of course, there were three codes called while I was there.  I have some kind of bad ER karma.)

IV Benadryl, Reglan, and 2 liters of saline.  Percocet and prednisone.  I came home, took more sumatriptan and another hydrocodone and passed out on the couch for about 6 hours, woke up for about 4 hours, took more  prednisone and Benadryl and went to bed.

This morning I awoke at 5:30 AM with a fully functioning brain for the first time in what felt like ages.  I walked the dogs three miles.  We went to the farmer's market and the grocery store. I've done 5 loads of laundry and 2 loads in the dishwasher. Two bathrooms are toothbrush-to-the-grout clean.  The rest of the house is dusted and mopped.  Babygirl and I made halupki for the first time. I hit 10,000 steps on my Fitbit for the first time this year by 3 PM.  Oh, and I read a book.

And we haven't eaten dinner yet.

I freaking love prednisone.  It's almost worth the inevitable crash.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment