Friday, December 21, 2018

Unprepared....

I feel like Christmas is hurtling at me like a freight train, and I'm somehow just plodding down the tracks.  We finally have our little tree up, but Maisey un-decorated the bottom half while Babygirl and I were in Philly (all's well with her, by the way (Baybygirl, that is, although Maisey is also fine LOL), more on all that later perhaps). In the gift department, I have managed to get all the out-of-town things into the mail.  Locally, I was on time with Secret Santa. 

The rest?  Sigh.

I think I've wrapped four gifts. 

Usually, at some point, the spirit of the season settles in my soul.  I have to say that directing the choir has done THAT to an extent - my head and heart are full of lovely music, but my time and energy has been shortened because of it as well. Between bursts of music and work, I've been, well, tired.

I'm not accustomed to that.

So, I'm making an effort to sleep properly. Eating well has been more challenging. Exercise has slacked off some. 

But happiness?  Contentment?  I think I'm good on those. I'm looking at a four-day weekend here.  It's time to start some lists! Get the Santa Central Room hopping! Get that rum I bought Monday at the street market matched up with some eggnog and Christmas music and wrapping paper!

I can do this. I can feel it settling. 

And the true mystery of Christmas is a story of lack of preparedness. No one expected Jesus to come as he came:  A baby born in poverty, homeless, a refugee from political danger.  People who are "ready" for Christmas perhaps don't fully understand the real gift. I feel like I learn something new about it every year.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment