Thursday, November 5, 2020

Telling Right From Wrong.....

 Election Day was 2 days ago and we don't have a declared winner.  This does not distress me. 

Our Commander in Chief had begun litigating the undeclared outcome.  This does not surprise me. 


What does surprise and distress me is how close the numbers are.  This indicates to me that the country is divided almost exactly in half, and EACH half is ABSOLUTELY convinced that the ENTIRE OTHER HALF does not know how to tell right from wrong. At. All.


This would be easier to cope with if I could just explain it away as a "low IQ" issue, or a "lack of education" issue, but I'm a doctor, and have colleagues living in a "blue state" who have voted on both sides.  


How is this country going to recover from believing that HALF of everyone around us is so....wrong? Stupid? Stubborn? Misinformed? When they believe the same of us?


Lord God, grant us grace.


DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment