Thursday, March 31, 2022

Success....

 It's been a long day.  Long.  

Babygirl is fine.  They were, despite the very unpromising vein studies, able to find a vein and artery of suitable size near her left wrist.  The challenges of working with the smaller vessels stretched a 2 hour procedure to three hours. But the final result is worth it, sparing her upper arms for later procedures.  And the surgeon was very, VERY proud of himself.

I hate waiting.  And this was not at all a peaceful wait. I cried in the bathroom. There were two fire alarms, and FIVE stroke emergencies in the ED. There was a code in the infusion center.  I saw a body wheeling by while I was waiting to use the restroom. I watched puppy videos and random TikToks.   Staff in ambulatory surgery offered me a drink.  THAT made me teary (I told you before that I've reached the point where, if anyone dares to be nice to me, I cry, so be forewarned. 

I'm. Tired.

DeeDee


No comments:

Post a Comment