Thursday, November 16, 2023

Medusa Under the Front Seat....

 When was the last time you had a dream that you remembered?

It's been years for me, until last night. 

I'm recovering from a cold, and I've been waking up coughing almost every night for almost a week.  To be honest, I had 2 glasses of wine. I went to bed and crashed at about 7:30 PM.

Then: The Dream.

It started with me looking into a vehicle. The seats had been removed, and on the floor where the driver's seat would have been there were...snakes.  A nest of about 10 pretty big snakes.  They weren't particularly threatening looking, but...snakes.

Somehow, there was a little stripey kitten.  And a snakebite.  And then a toddler. And a snakebite.  

The story unfolded all night long. I got up to go to the bathroom at least twice, and went right back into the dream. 

The kitty got pretty sick.  She lost her left front leg.

The toddler got sick. Apparently a fang punctured a lung, but the baby got better with a chest tube.  

I have no idea what happened to the snakes. I do remember reviewing a picture I took of them with a snake expert and determining that none of them were venomous. Just so you know:  There is no picture. 

There was entirely nothing nightmare-ish about any of this.

When I woke up the sun was already up and it was after 6 AM. I apparently spent over 10 hours dreaming about...snakes. 

What. The. Duck.

DeeDee

PS It is probably the best news in the world that I have nothing else to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment