Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Sunny and Boo Show...

Lest I leave this year with all of you thinking that our lives are only sadness and disaster, let me give you one episode of the Sunny and Boo show:

Driving past the hospital this morning with the grandkids in the car, Sunny piped up (as she always does), "That MY doctor office!!"

I can understand why she thinks so. Between the frequent bellyaches that turned out to be due to chronic constipation and, more recently, a substantial head contusion, she's seen the inside of the ER more than her siblings, although they are frequently with her when she goes. 

Then elder sister Boo piped up. "Yeah, that's where they had to take your head off and sew it back on.  It's JUST. NOT. FAIR.  I NEVER get bumps on MY head!!!"

Now, mind you, it's snowing to near whiteout conditions and the roads are pretty rough, and now I'm laughing so hard I can't see anyway, so what difference does THAT make, I ask you?

It's utterly amazing that I simply don't drive off the road, and no great wonder that my mom did, once, just from laughing. Grandkids are the most hysterical form of stress relief there is.

Happy New Year to all of you, from all of us!

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment