Thursday, March 29, 2012

Week Forty-nine - Struggling to Keep Up.....

Babygirl is only able to attend school four days per week because of her doctors' appointments.  She arrived back at school behind.  She is getting more behind.  She's very motivated, and sits and does homework for more than an hour some nights, but she's always, always a few steps behind.  The school won't give her an extra hour of home teaching each week to make up the lost day, so she is going to her teachers at lunchtime every single day for extra help. 

I'm frankly more discouraged about it than she is - she's just glad to be back in the game.  But I wonder how she'll manage in the long run.  She missed the vast majority of her music elective and that subject was not covered by home teaching.  She's on limited gym, so she has writing assignments when she can't do the physical stuff.  She's supposed to do a mile run next week, and she knows she's too out of shape to manage it, so she's spending some extra time trying to build up her physical endurance. 

I can't protect her from failure.   And I feel I'm  failing her somehow by not finding a way to make it easier.  I want...I don't know what I want... I just want to wrap her up in cotton wool and keep her safe.

Too late. That beast called NotFair already got her.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment