Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week Forty-five - Staying on Top of It All......

We're home.  Hubby and I are back to work, and Babygirl has some home tutoring going on.  Curlygirl is still waiting for little Squeaker to arrive, and her older sister is finally back in her own flood-damage-repaired apartment. So things are settling down.  Sort of....

This morning I drove 40 miles round-trip through a snowstorm to see my doc, listening to school closing updates all the way.  I finally have permission from my doc, as of today, to return to 40 hours a week of work, but no extra hours.  That's great, and is an accurate reflection of my ongoing return to good health. But I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I'm going to squeeze 40 hours of work in around the medical needs of those I care for.

Babygirl and Hubby drove the 150 mile round-trip through that snowstorm to the local kidney center for blood work this morning.  The good news was, of course, that we didn't have to drive the 380 mile round-trip to CHOP in that same snowstorm.  The local trip can be finished by 11 AM.  The CHOP trip starts the night before and gets us home by about 3 PM.  We are currently looking at one CHOP (Monday AM appointment) trip and one local (Thursday AM lab draw) trip each per week.  Hubby and I are taking turns, so I'll be heading back to Philly on Sunday afternoon. 

My mom was supposed to see her doc yesterday.  If I had known, I'd have set it up for her, but despite the fact that they are supposed to have MY number listed as her home phone, I didn't get a a reminder call.  Since I was in Philly during her LAST appointment and didn't actually schedule this one myself, I had no way of knowing, so I have to somehow reschedule this, and I HAVE to go with her. 

Curlygirl has GOT to go into labor sometime!  Squeaker was due yesterday.  They may decide to induce tomorrow.  Guess what?  I'm going to be there.

I went to the pharmacy today, picked up am enormous bag of drugs and came home to sort them.  Then I discovered that we are one short and will run out of pills over the weekend.  Under the circumstances this is absolutely unacceptable, so I made a phone call to CHOP, leaving my cell number for contact.  Luckily for me I didn't leave the house yet - they returned the call on my HOME phone.  Ugh.

Speaking of pill sorting, I did that for my mom the other day.  It took nearly 2 hours, not counting the extra trip to Walmart for an emergency fill of a med that hadn't yet come from her mail-in pharmacy. I spent another hour paying her bills.  Then I came home and filled my pill sorters - that at least went smoothly.

When, exactly, am I supposed to fit in working??

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment