Saturday, December 14, 2013

Year Three, Week Thirty-eight - The Week in Review.....

Years ago when Citygirl was young, we would go to the beach each year with my older brother and his wife and kids.  He was (and is) a technophile.  He carried his video camcorder everywhere and never turned it off.  And at the end of each day we would hook it up to the TV and watch "The Day in Review."  It was extremely fun in a totally narcissistic way, not counting the upside-down shots of peoples' knees, of course.

I wasn't running a camcorder this week, and I'm rather glad I wasn't.  It wasn't nearly as much fun as a beach week with little kids. 

It started well enough, with our Make-A-Wish adventure.  But Mondays come, every week without fail, and I jumped back into the medical-records-on-computer nightmare that all of my colleagues have been enjoying every bit as much as I am.  By Wednesday morning I was brewing a migraine.  At lunch, the bite I was swallowing met the bite that was coming back up, and I threw in the towel for the day.  I went home to a head-banging afternoon.  Babygirl was home with a headache also.  Misery may love company, but the two of huddled in separate parts of the house, coping as best we could. 

I turned off the lights, put on an ear band to deaden the sound and squinted my way through wrapping a bunch of Christmas gifts.  You know your ears are too sensitive when the sound of scissors through paper and tape tearing is just to loud to bear.  I took a lot of drugs.  Babygirl and I were both up and down throughout the night.  Her room was spotless by morning. I debated calling in for Thursday, but the medication hangover wore off in time for me to function. 

Thursday evening my Mom complained of a cough, and not feeling well.  By Friday evening she was looking 'peaked' (pronounced with two syllables LOL) and not wanting much for dinner.  Hubby and Babygirl had made plans to go out for Indian food to celebrate surviving the week, so we went.  I was fully expecting to spend my night in the ER after dinner.  Never plan an ER trip on an empty stomach, I say.

Oddly enough she was feeling (and looking) much better.  She asked for a grilled cheese sandwich (okay), and this morning she looks herself.  Babygirl and I have her cold now, though.  How she can catch something FIRST when she never leaves the house is a mystery to me.

I went to bed at 10, and woke up at one AM.  By 2 I gave up and went to Wal-Mart.  I mean, why not?  I needed some things, I wasn't going to sleep anyway.... So this morning I am tired. Babygirl and I went to Aldi to finish up the weeks' shopping.  And now I'm contemplating the house cleaning.

I'm grateful that there were no major crises.  But as weeks go, it was a real hoover.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment