Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sprucing Up.....

For those of you who don't know, we have a wedding coming up this summer!  Citygirl is getting married on August first, and the house will be buzzing with people. 

This means, of course, that we need to make the place look nice. Not that it isn't nice.  But nicer.  Party nice.  You know what I mean.

Expecting an upcoming invasion makes you look around with different eyes.  Clean and tidy somehow no longer look 'fresh.'  So we are upgrading a few things.

Yesterday I priced out new kitchen cabinets.  Redoing cabinets sounds extreme, but our current 'look' is cobbled together and was never meant to be permanent.  We were going to do a full re-do years ago, and then, well, life happened and we just got used to looking at the mismatched cabinets and paid for dialysis and got on with life. 

I came home with the designs and the prices and showed them to Hubby. 

"Wasn't it a lot cheaper to do the other side? That kitchen is twice as big and it cost a lot less!" 

True that, sweetie, but that was because the insurance company paid for most of the cabinets because we had that little fire, remember?  (It was me.  I accidentally set the kitchen on fire.  I put it out, too.)

Thoughtful silence.  Then, "Honey, you need to set the kitchen on fire." 

LOLOL.  I'm not sure they'd buy that a second time.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment