Sunday, March 13, 2016

Somnus Interruptus...

I woke up this morning at 3:30 AM.  PRE-Daylight Savings Time, as I hadn't changed my bedroom clock before I went to bed.  I've been at this long enough to tell when I am really, really awake, so I got up.  I puttered around with paperwork and didn't realize we'd had a time change until I was nearly late for church.

So after lunch, when I sat down to read for a bit, I fell asleep.

I woke up to a little face next to mine.  "Gamma!  I wanna play da Skylanders game."

Groggily, I gave him the response I often gave to what I considered to be unreasonable requests from the girls:  "And I want a million dollars."

Puzzled, "Why do you want a million dollars?"

More alert.  "If I had a million dollars we could buy a house at the beach, and we could stay there all summer!  Wouldn't that be amazing?"

Squeaker got excited.  "My Mom has a million dollars!  It's in da penny jar!"
 
Muffling a snort, I told him to go tell her we needed a million dollars and why.

Don't judge me.  It gave me time to wake up and face a tarted-up game of Pop-o-Matic fake-Trouble or whatever-the-heck noisy thing Squeaker wanted me to do for the next hour.

He was a little disappointed to learn that the penny jar doesn't hold a million dollars.  But we tied at Skylanders, so it was all good.

Some time later Curlygirl came over and asked, "What did you need $50 for? He said something about leaving for the beach?"  I told her I'd asked for a million.  She didn't even blink.  She remembers how ridiculous I am.  Ah, breaking in the next gen.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment