Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Downside of Fit....

Adding three 75-minute classes/week to a full schedule sucks some time out of your life, you know?  Not that the yoga hasn't had some very nice benefits.  Babygirl and I get to spend time together. We are getting in better shape.  We have some new life skills:  Breathe.  Be in your body.  Let your shoulders relax down your  back.

I no longer fall sideways everytime I stand on my left leg.  Babygirl is beginning shape up a nice plank.  Neither one of us has any real good news to report yet on headache improvement, but it's less than a month, so....

In other news:  Larry.  My sister-in-law (an animal savant if ever there was one) said, after one brief glimpse of Larry, "He's at least 10" despite the rescue's estimate that he was about 6.  Our vet saw him the other day, and she agrees with my SIL - he's probably about 10 years old.  Ah, well, we don't care, he's cute, and walking him has made him younger every day. Yesterday's walk had him leading ME the whole way.  He's so different from Maybelle. She selected a different route every day, and crossed the street as often as I would let her.  Larry is more predictable:  Go west until I won't go west anymore, then go north until I turn him toward home. Unless it's hot, then south to the river.  We've heard him bark only twice, once when another male dog tried to check out his sexuality and he let out a houndy, "Notgay!" and once in the middle of the night, when he bayed at SOMETHING outside the front window for long enough to wake us all up.

So life is pleasantly boring, but singularly lacking in free time.

Besides, it's summer. I have books to read, and grandkids to hang out with.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment