Saturday, February 10, 2018

Retail Therapy.....

I walked the dogs at 8 this morning, luxuriously late, after sleeping until almost 7.  This is so far past my usual wake up time that I missed my first two hours of 250 steps on my FitBit. 

I was at Aldi by 9, Walmart by 9:35, and my hairdresser by 10 on the dot, which is when my day sort of organically devolved into a me-fest. 

I went from there to the Farmer's Market, oddly unaccompanied, and bought the only thing I'd really specifically come for:  The amazing coffee.  Oh, I got some carrots and stuff to justify my time there, and enjoyed the walk, and....

OhMyGoodness.  Is that a MASSAGE chair??  A dollar a minute?? Let me see how much I have with me LOL.  I limited myself to 10 minutes but it was time well spent to unkink the back of my neck after my ice fall(s) the other day (did I not mention that?  I think I won't if I didn't.)  Then I got to thinking.  If I just got my hair done, it's probably been a while since my last pedi....

Off to the mall I go.  My pedicurist is busy, and asks if I can come back in half an hour. Well, sure, why not, I haven't walked much today.  I head off with the mall-walkers until I stumble over a sale at one of the few stores I really love but usually don't indulge in.  I find work pants that fit beautifully, and some shirts, and...HolyCOW a half hour goes fast.  I book it back to the pedi place and get to soak my toes while sitting in a massage chair for a delightful extra 20 minutes while my lady finishes up her previous customer. 

All in all it was a lovely morning.  Now I have finished  sledding and building snowmen with the grandkids while their mom gets the laundry done, and then, personal homemade pizzas.

Considering how work has been for the past two weeks, it's been a very restorative day.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment