Sunday, March 4, 2018

It Was An Accident, Honest.....

My insurance company sent me a form to fill out the other day.  Clearly getting an MRI of one's shoulder followed by a series of physical therapy makes them wonder...

"Recent claims indicate that you may have suffered an injury.  Was this due to an accident?"

In other words, should I be billing my auto, homeowners or workman's compensation insurance instead of them? 

"If so, are you planning on suing anyone?"

It's tempting to fill out the form with the entire story, just so they can have something to put on the Insurance Adjuster's Wall of Fame, or to giggle over at the office Christmas party.....

"Well.....

"Now that you mention it, it WAS due to an accident.  You see, I was making a snowman with the church youth group, and my drill bit snapped in half!  That made the drill jump, and the broken drill bit drilled right through my thumb joint.  Lucky the bit was broken or it would have drilled me to the table!

"I had a couple of rounds if IV antibiotics and a tetanus shot, but when your wrist is immobilized and you have only your fingertips to work with, you can really jack up your shoulder trying to pull your pants up!"

Yeah.  I don't think I'll be suing anybody over that. 

Besides, our insurance agent assures us that we made the Wall of Fame when our pool caught fire.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment