Monday, August 31, 2020

And an Early Celebration.....

Babygirl will be 21 tomorrow. I know, like, really?  I said something in church the other day and thought some of the folks might need cardiovascular assistance.  Sometimes I think I might.

So, in honor of both THAT momentous occasion, and the Princess's last evening here, we threw the most socially distanced party that we could yesterday. 


 Even though she's a couple days shy of legal, the sisters had her pop a cork (the video's cute LOL) and have a toast to adulthood.


I want her whole next year to look just like this. 


There was dancing...


Swimming....


Swinging....


Video game skills training...


Female empowerment seminars...


We won't talk about whatever this was. Rockin' those socks and flip flops as always, Babygirl1


How about a "Let me show you my I-did-it-myself-COVID-hairstyle!"
I adore that grin, BTW.


Dancing flames. 


Tattoo pride.....


And some interesting end-of-day lighting effects....


There are about 10 of these. In NOT ONE of them does every child have their eyes open, and in none of them do more than any two of them appear to be looking at the same camera. This is, sincerely, the best one. 


In the end it comes down to family. Making sure that there is firewood, enough wine and enough marshmallows to go around is part of the story. But the sincere desire to make lasting memories is the thing that will make this week stand out in all of our hearts.
Thanks, Princess.

I am going to miss you.  We are all going to miss you!

DeeDee



No comments:

Post a Comment