Friday, January 20, 2023

Did You Remember....

"Did you remember to bring the box for the blood?" "I don't think we need it."

I'm sure that every family with chronically ill members say things that sound, well, peculiar in other settings. 

Today Babygirl and I left the house for the first time in over a week.  I'd have stayed in, but until Babygirl learns to drive, options are limited. She has to draw her own blood periodically before and after dialysis (okay, peculiar statement #2). We have a centrifuge to process this, and then it goes into the fridge until we can get it to a lab. She drew the blood yesterday after 5.  We had 5 tubes of blood in a cup on the top shelf for about 20 hours, until we finally worked up the energy to leave (I mean, changing into cleaner pajamas seemed important even if I wasn't getting out of the car). 

The cup went out the door in Babygirl's hand.  The mailer box remained on the table.  I grabbed it, and made her take it into the lab with her. She came back without it, so I assume I was correct about the box.

All beside the point. There is so much of this stuff. SO much. 

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment