Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Round Two.....

 I think I had about a week.  One week.

I've spent the last two months agonizing over the fact that our long-term tenants were leaving. They found us lovely new tenants, and based on the timeline the old tenants were given, I figured that two months was plenty of time to prep the apartment for those tenants, in time for the New Year.  But due to multiple delays in their closing, we ended up with less than ONE month.  One month to clean and paint all the walls and woodwork. One month to set up some window replacements and a new kitchen counter. One month to refinish the floors.  I worked 8=10 hours a day on the weekends and 2-3 hours on working days. I had friends come in and scrub bathrooms. I had a grandkid learn how to use some tools to pull up molding.

We almost made it. The tenants holed up in a hotel for a couple of days, and we are finishing what remains while they are in situ.

The day after they moved in, my entire body just said, "No. Nope. Not today." I called out of work and slept more than 16 hours, a week ago today. I had nothing to do for the weekend, so I enjoyed doing exactly that. 

Earlier today, Babygirl sent me a picture:  "Is that positive?" 

Why yes, that IS positive. She has Covid. Again.  

Current temp on Tylenol is 101 degrees. That would typically send us to the ED, but we know the cause, and she is eating some and drinking pretty well. Curlygirl, who can't tell if she's sick or not because she ALWAYS feels Long-Covid Crappy, tested negative. I feel fine, so I didn't bother with a test. 

I'm so grateful for one low-stress week it's almost ridiculous. And to be fair, January this year so far has been MUCH better than January last year.  

I have to confess that I'm not too grateful for this.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment