Thursday, July 20, 2023

The "Q" Days....

 We in the medical world superstitiously HATE hearing someone say the "Q" word.  When things are peaceful in the ER, and the ICU is miraculously crisis-free, and there hasn't been a sleep-interrupting ring of the phone during an on-call shift, someone innocently saying, "Wow! It's Quiet in here!" will get a universal round of groans and weeping.  We all know that mentioning that word will instantly trigger some kind of chaos and effectively end the Q time.

So I hate to say that it's been quiet, medically.  Babygirl's labs have been slowly but steadily improving. Her general sense of well-being has been steady and her endurance gradually increasing.  Her last creatinine was 1.3, continuing a long, gradual downward trend (I just read an old blog post talking about needing a kidney biopsy to rule out rejection because her creatinine had risen to 1.4, but we are playing a different game here).

I've attended yoga twice this week. I had a massage Sunday after returning from the mission trip.  Self care is adequate but not spectacular.  I'm getting there.

So far Babygirl hasn't been up to going hiking, but she is walking dogs here in the neighborhood. 

I'll take the Q, thanks.

DeeDee


1 comment:

  1. I saw her walking, I almost stopped to meet Geordie.......it was great seeing her out.

    ReplyDelete