Thursday, July 6, 2023

Down to Once a Week....

 I can't clearly remember how long we were on a twice weekly follow-up schedule following Babygirl's first transplant.  I know we stayed in Philly for a bit, and then Hubby and I took turns, one day a week each, to get her there.  

We are done with twice weekly trips now, and it feels sooner than last time. I'm not saying it is at all a bad thing!  She still does blood work twice a week, once locally and once in Rochester.  That schedule is holding for next week as well.

Currently the new kidney appears to be doing quite well. Creatinine on Monday was 1.56, 1.52 today.  As long as each is lower than the last, we know the kidney is still recovering. Babygirl's last transplant gave her a completely normal creatinine of 0.8 within 48 hours of installation, so this is a very different ride, but... it's reassuring.

It's reassuring enough that I'm packing to leave town for a week on Saturday. (The team was working on a backup plan in case I couldn't make it.) The mission trip is part of my heart and soul, and two of my Grandboys are going along.  I spent most of the 4th sorting tools, shopping with the boys, and generally prepping to get it all on the road.  After Babygirl and I arrived home today I got the tools loaded in the trunk.  I'm still working on bedding for 3 and clothing for me. 

While I am gone my beloved sister-in-law is coming to spend the week and to make the lab and Rochester runs.  

Currently I am sitting in my damp bathing suit, which I will leave on while I finish things up. I'm very likely to need to get back into the pool again shortly LOL.

DeeDee


No comments:

Post a Comment