Saturday, November 10, 2018

Full Hands.....

Larry decided to go for a walk with us the other day.  He's an old man, so he won't walk if it's hot, or if it's raining, or if it's.....well, whatever it is that makes him feel lazy most of the time.


 But the other day it was cool and clear, so he came along, giving me two big dogs and a little dog to manage.

Along the way, I passed a woman who was juggling a cigarette, an umbrella and a coffee cup.  She looked at me and said, "Wow! You've got YOUR hands full!"

Ignoring the irony of the moment, I responded, "It beats having them empty."

This is the fundamental truth of life.  We can either rejoice and thank God that our hands are too full, or we can live with emptiness.  When I had 7 kids in the house, I heard the "you have your hands full" thing ALL of the time.  It took me a long, long time to realize that I prefer them that way.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment