Thursday, November 15, 2018

Weather....

When I grew up, weather just seemed to happen.  We'd wake up, and there was sunshine. Or rain. Or snow.  People talked about it, and there were weather reports, but they tended to be vague and no one seemed to expect them to be at all reliable.

Now, my phone pings, and tells me that rain is going to start, and be light (or heavy) in 5 minutes, so I need to make choices NOW about what to wear, whether to walk now or later, or whether to put a sweater on that nearly furless pup.

I mean, it's not that they're never wrong predicting next week, but in the minute-by-minute? They GOT that stuff. 

So this morning I need to ignore the condition of my house and get stuff in from the yard.  We have snow coming.  And while many people aren't looking forward to it at all, I don't mind. 

I watch the Make-A-Wish site.  Recently, a desperately ill child's wish was to See Snow.  The pictures of that child enjoying a winter day made me smile all the way to my toes.  Sure, she didn't need to shovel any, and likely never will, but it made remember, REALLY remember, the childlike delight of snowmen, snow angels, sledding, and catching snowflakes on my tongue; and the absolute gratitude of shedding layer upon layer of snowy wet clothes to share a hot drink with my Mom at the  warm kitchen table afterward.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment