Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dang Those Machines......

Our second dialysis machine expired two days ago.  Don't ask me to explain it.  It never worked as well as the first one and THAT one died after just three weeks of use. 

But remember the flood?  Apparently some wires got crossed with the ordering of our machine.  We got the one that the National Guard had to assist with the arrival of.  And then two days later we got another via UPS. 

I have to admit that it was probably less than totally honest to keep that extra machine.  But by the time it got there, the other machine was already acting hinky, so hubby and I just shrugged and said, "What the heck!" and kept it. Someone came to pick up our damaged machine, and a few days later someone else arrived looking for another one.  I actually explained to the FedEx guy what had happened, and why we wanted to keep the machine.  He just smiled and said, "I'll just tell them there was no pick up!"  LOL.

So two nights ago I had to call tech support yet again because our machine refused (as usual) to "see" our fluid bags.  We had just straightend that out, and I had hung up the phone, when the machine suddenly declared there was a balloon valve leaking, and advised me to shut down RIGHT NOW and call tech support.  The red screen of doom appeared (we've never seen that one before!) and tech support advised me to set up a gravity dialysis while they arranged shipment of a new machine. 

So I told them.  Well, actually......I just happen to have a spare.  I could tell by her response that this was not at all typical LOL.  She walked me through setting up the new machine, and all has been well since.

But honestly, if we go through one new machine every three weeks, how many are we going to use before we get that kidney???

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment