Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week Thirty-one........Thanksgiving.....

I'd be supremely ungrateful to neglect Thanksgiving.  Home, family, friends, church, work - all gifts that I wouldn't ignore or minimize for anything.  Grateful for a house full of family and friends, who at dinner expressed thanks for many things:  Being employed again.  Having a place to stay despite their flood-damaged homes.  The birth of a new child.  Horses. 

Right now my house is full of young adults drinking wine and playing a viscious card game.  I'm glad they choose here to gather!

We truly lack for nothing except a kidney.  And we are doing well without it for the time being, thanks be to God.  I couldn't even find something I wanted to run out for on Black Friday!

I am especially grateful that my own health is improving.  It's been almost a year to the day since I got sick, and although I am not yet back to full-time work, I am gaining ground.  Hubby's new job is getting him in better shape also, which will improve his health too.

I read on Facebook the other day:  "It's not happy people who are thankful.  It's thankful people who are happy." 

So I am thankful.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment