Friday, February 17, 2012

Week Forty-three - Home At Last......

At this time two weeks ago, we were sitting on "the call."  We still weren't 100% sure it was THE call, but we were ready, we thought.

I honestly think we were well prepared in many ways.  The dry runs led to the production of lists, and the lists made packing more efficient, and more thorough.  The only things I can think of that should've been on the lists that weren't were socks for Babygirl (not a huge problem, she's the only person I know who adores hospital socks!), and portable food. 

We were prepared, mentally, for things to go badly - as well as one can prepare for such things.  We were pleasantly surprised by how uncomplicated it all was, despite a couple of lab results that had my heart racing (her liver is doing better, thank you).  

And now we are adjusting.  I sat at my computer last night, suddenly startled by the fact that I had not set up the dialysis machine.  And then delighted by the fact that I didn't need to! When the dialysis supply people come and take away all the leftovers and the machine, we will have an empty closet, as clear stairwell, free space for hanging Babygirl's clothes and the ability to re-stack the bunk/futon.  She is contemplating rearranging her room.  It's awesome.

So now I need to go to the grocery store and restock, and I get to include a LOT of food that Babygirl has not been able to have since last April. 

We are having pizza for dinner!  Whoot!

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment