Friday, April 4, 2014

TGIF.......

Shopping with the girls yesterday cost me some of my 'fix-problems-on-the-phone' time that is unique to my Thursday mornings.  Usually between 8 and 9:30 AM I make about a dozen calls to fix problems that range from doctor bills to phone/cable service to appointments and school conflicts.  I had a list of calls that needed to be made, and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get to make them.

The shopping itself was kind of fun.  Ramming through Wal-Mart with three carts, waving at Squeaker whenever out paths crossed ( GAMMA!!!) and being the only people with large orders checking out - all entertaining.  Loading three FULL carts full of stuff into a Honda Accord was Tetris-ninja challenging.  The trunk was so packed I almost couldn't put my ice scraper in there.  Squeaker's car seat was surrounded.  Curlygirl had stuff under her feet and in her lap.  The girls unloaded my stuff and we made sure the perishables were put away.  We all unloaded Curlygirl, and then JuJuBee and BoosDaddy got the rest out.  I made it to work shortly after 9 and hit the phone. 

Babygirl has an appointment with a counselor next week.  I called our NP to discuss how to set up her gyn appointment, but she was rounding and I was told to call back in two hours.  The next time I had a moment to look at my cell phone it was 7 PM so that was never finished. 

I'm hoping today is kind.  I don't mind busy.  I don't mind giving my all at work.  But when my day is over I want it OVER with no tasks lingering on into the evening.

I want to come home.  I want to come home at five, not seven.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment