Friday, January 20, 2012

Week Thirty-nine - Nothing Notable......

Three-quarters of a year have gone by since we first discovered that Babygirl was ill.  In the amount of time it would have taken to make and have a baby, we have gone from the parents of a 'normal child', to desperately crazed parents of a 'special needs' child, and back to something once more resembling 'normal' parenting. 

As far as Babygirl is concerned, she is not really any different.  She has things she's not allowed to do, and stuff she wishes she could eat, but overall she seems to have thoroughly adjusted to her new life.  Hubby and I are more relaxed, less likely to threaten to shoot the dialysis machine, and actually better at our relationship than we were before she was diagnosed.  We communicate better (usually!), and take better care of each other. 

We've survived surgery (one each for hubby, Babygirl and I), a major illness (me), a massive flood, the birth of our granddaughter. We're in the midst of major remodeling. We've changed the household composition from six, to four, to eight. We will likely soon be down to just the three of us, the smallest family we've had since 2001, before hubby and I even married! And, oddly, I am at peace with all of this.  This week, at least.

I have to say that it is wonderful to report that there is nothing to report.  There really only is so much drama that one can stand. 

So this weekend we leave to visit the tertiary center for a general update.  I get to visit my brother and sister-in-law, and as a bonus, my NYC daughter will be visiting them as well.  Life is good.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment