Friday, August 23, 2013

Third Year, Week 18 - Radio Music....

Babygirl and I were listening to the radio in the car the other day.  Elton John was belting out "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues" and I was belting along with him.  We got to the "Laughing like children, living like lovers - rolling like thunder under the covers!" line and Babygirl, startled, yelled, "MOM!" 

"What, Baby?"

"MOM!  They're singing about....!"

"Sex?  Um... yeah.  Most radio songs are about sex." 

"MOM!!!! They are NOT!"

"Okay.  Name a song." 

Thoughtful pause.  Several false starts, with an ever-increasing awareness that I have a point.  Finally:  "John Lennon's 'Imagine'!"

Thoughtful pause on MY end.  It's a good choice, and what 13 year old would think of THAT song?  But hey, I'm not going to lose THIS game.  So, once again, proving that I likely deserve at least First Runner Up in the Bad Mother of the Year competition:

"Imagine there are no rules so I can have sex with whoever I want and not feel guilty."

"MOOOOOMMMMM!!!!! That is NOT WHAT IT MEANS!" 

LOLOL.

Next song up?  "Rock Me Mama." The only thing better would have been "Mama's Got A Squeeze Box."  Ahhh, success.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment