Saturday, October 11, 2014

Itty Bitty Blessings....

A few weeks ago I notice that the heat in the car wasn't working.  The AC was fine, but there was no way to take the chill off in the morning.  But, hey, it was summer, so most of the time I just forgot it was a problem. 

Getting up at 5 AM to go to the gym in October, however, would be more pleasant with heat in the car.  Seat heaters are awesome, but they don't defog the windshields, right? 

Friday morning I scraped frost off my windshield and discovered that my 'defroster' was adding layers of frost to the inside of the window, making it difficult to forget that I had a problem, so I took it straight to the car doc.  At the end of the day, they called me.

"Good news!  Your car has heat!" 

Good news indeed.  "What's that going to cost me?"

"Hope you're sitting down." 

Gulp.

"$25"

Huh?

Apparently some wire was bent.  He bent it back. 

Give the man credit.  He could just as well have told me that he had to replace the hunkafundkle and the solenoidal sinus and charged me $322.50 and I've been none the wiser.  So praise be to God for an honest mechanic and an affordable car repair.

DeeDee

PS Babygirl and I both had a rare day of excellent brain function.  She commented on it almost as if it seemed impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment