Monday, January 5, 2015

Resetting the Clock......

Two weeks' worth of insomnia culminated in a pretty spectacular migraine yesterday afternoon.  I had two holiday weeks with four day weekends, so the late nights led to late mornings and a two week break from the gym.  It was relaxing, but I hate the feeling of being unable to fall asleep at a reasonable hour.

So last night I decided to try to reset the clock.  I could tell by 11 that I wasn't going to fall asleep.  The long nap that knocked the migraine into submission was still fresh, and there was no possible way on earth that my eyes were going to close again anytime soon.  So I alternated between marathons of 'Storage Wars', 'Ridiculousness' and 'Law and Order: SVU' while reading Gone Girl (what a truly enjoyably psychopathic story!) and playing Sudoku, and stayed up all night.  I dozed off for a few minutes around 3:30, and at 4:30 I loaded up and went to the gym, worked out, showered and relaxed in the sauna.

By 8 o'clock I had done over 100 work tasks over breakfast, gotten Babygirl up for her meds, gotten Mom up for HER meds (including her daily weight, which requires more than a little coaxing), coffee'd everybody and arrived at my desk.  By 5 o'clock the last of my more than 100 remaining work tasks were swimming in front of my eyes, so I drove home.  The presence of Babygirl's daily tutor did not stop me from putting on my PJ's and taking a 15 minute Death-and-Resurrection nap on the couch while dinner was cooking.  I didn't even see the tutor leave.

So now I'm running on the strength of the nap, hoping it wears off by ten so I can enjoy the rest of my full-moon week.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment