Saturday, February 14, 2015

Wasting January.....

January has been a total bust, and February is half gone.  Babygirl's headaches march on, improved only in the sense that she has some daily breaks from the pain unlike October and November's relentless around-the-clock agony.  It's too soon to see if the Cefaly is helping either of us.  (Hubby came in while I was using it last night an observed that it caused 'double creases' in my eyelids and made me look Chinese.  I've no doubt.  It feels like it is trying to make the front of my face slowly spin like combination lock, first clockwise, then counterclockwise, then back, while my eyelashes continue practicing their Rockettes tryout routine.)  It's a good thing I don't do New Year's resolutions.

That being said, I did have things I wanted to do: Some fix-it-up projects that I've been ignoring for a couple of years like minor plaster touch-ups and some painting.  I'm still waiting for my lungs to stop twitching before I tackle those, so February isn't going to see much accomplished there either.

I guess at this point the best I can hope for for either of us is that we hold our ground.  I've gotten rid of one migraine prevention medication and am at the end of my steroid taper (finally!) and haven't seen a migraine yet, so that's a good thing.  Babygirl's medication change hasn't really produced results but her upward taper is so agonizingly slow (we just increased the dose of the medication for the third time:  She's been on it a month and she's on 75 mg/d of a medication whose maximum dose is 400 mg/d).  The good news is that she appears to have broken out of a spectacularly evil mood that she was in for about a week, enough so that she noticed it herself. 

It's sad to me that at this point I consider it progress if we don't regress.

DeeDee

1 comment:

  1. Life is not a spectator sport. If you're going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you're wasting your life. See the link below for more info.


    #wasting
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete