Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday....

I'm not a person who hates Monday.  I like my job, I like my co-workers, I like my patients.  It's a blessing to be able to say all of that, and I'm intensely grateful for that blessing.  I'll watch the inauguration this evening, but the little snippets I've seen make me wish I could attend such an event in person.  Where else in the world is such power handed over on such a regular basis without the threat of civil war?  I'm grateful for my country.

Babygirl has the day off, so I can be grateful that she isn't missing school today.  Her weekend wasn't terrible, her headaches a bit milder and a bit later in the day than we've been seeing.  Time will tell how well the medication change is working.  I'm grateful (although it might not always seem so!) for her doctors and her medical care.

I have no evening commitments, so it's dinner with family tonight.  I'm grateful for enough food, a warm house, laughter and love. 

Despite all we've dealt with, and the road Babygirl walks, we do give thanks for all that is good in our lives.  Like many people I know, we've started writing down the good things that happen on pieces of paper and keeping them in a jar for review at the end of the year.  It will be an interesting little pile of paper, I'm sure! 

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment