Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Home Stretch....

Preparing to move my mom in has been a lot of work.  As we get closer to the 'move date' on Saturday we find more and more little things that need fixing, painting, or replacing.  The most recent was the light fixture in the downstairs closet.

Code allows for a fluorescent fixture.  The closet came with a ceramic lighbulb holder with a pull string.  The pull string broke years ago, so we've been making do with tightening and loosening the bulb as needed.  And, in the spirit of code, we use a pig-tail bulb. 

There is no possible way my mom is going to use this system.  She's so afraid of electricity that she won't even change a lightbulb herself, let alone touch a 'live' one.  While this particular anxiety makes me both laugh and smoke at the ears at the same time, there's nothing I can do about it except:

Add it to the list.  Lord bless my hubby.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment