Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Night Off.....

Babygirl and Hubby are driving off to Philly without me tonight.  They'll be seeing the transplant team and coming home on Thursday (Lord willing and the numbers don't rise).   I'm on my own for an entire evening.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family, and I love spending time with them more than anything.  But now and again I like to just be alone inside my own head.  I'll finish my workday, go to Bible study, and then, if I feel like it, I'll do some shopping.  Or not.  Or maybe not for groceries or Christmas, just for me....oh, wait, I HATE that kind of shopping, never mind! 

I can check out Ollie's and see if they have any cheap interesting books.  I can go home, light a fire and enjoy the Christmas tree.  I can take a walk and check out my neighbors' lights. 

It's nice to have a stretch of time (however brief) where there is no concrete plan, no pressing 'to do' list, no one pulling on my pant leg begging for attention or food.  However lovely it is to be needed, however fulfilling it is to be necessary; it's equally lovely to let the weight of the responsibility slide off my shoulders and rest somewhere, ANYwhere, else.

DeeDee

1 comment: