Monday, June 19, 2023

Don't Use the "Q" Word....

 After yesterday's chaos, today was a calm day.  I mean, I had a Reuben for breakfast at 10:30 AM. 

We don't know much more now than we did this morning.  Things are not getting worse, and may be slowly improving. Labs, generally are better. The morning ultrasounds, not different enough to lead to any procedures today but requiring follow up. My brother asked if the kidney was "woked up" yet.  I said it's not, but it appears to be sleepwalking. We'll take it as progress for the moment. 

No one has really spoken about discharging Babygirl from the hospital yet except to say that she may need to keep the catheter in for another week at minimum. Even that was nebulous, so we are just in wait-and-see mode. 

Personally, I think they stopped the bladder irrigation too soon, and discharged her when she was still less than stable.  But nobody died, and except for a few hours suffering due to the overfull bladder (which we can both be salty about for sure), she has not lost any ground as a result.  

We got outdoors today into the sunshine, which made Babygirl very happy.  She did a lot of walking, and I pushed the wheelchair a few hundred extra steps. She has been sound asleep for over an hour, and I confess I snoozed a bit as well.

Those of us in the medical word are deeply superstitious about using the word "Quiet."  But that is the best description of the day that I can give, and we needed one of those.

DeeDee

1 comment:

  1. Gives you time to shop............Be well Ana, hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete