Friday, June 9, 2023

Here We Go Again.....

 I had a lovely vacation, thank you.  Today, I woke up, had coffee, and went kayaking. Breakfast was yogurt parfait, and then we packed up and checked out, loading all of the wine purchased during the week into my SIL's SUV.  

Then, at 11 AM, we had a 10-wine blind tasting. At noon, bourbon cocktails, followed by a 4-course lunch with a wine paired for each.  

At 3 we bade a tearful goodbye to all our vacation companions and hit the road. 

About 10 minutes in, I got a message from Babygirl: "Might have an offer."  I called her, and she told me she was on standby for a new kidney. 

Well.  At this point I am closer to the transplant center than to home. I'm also not safe to drive.  My SIL is willing to make a U-turn, and we have a good friend who will drop all and grab babygirl and run, but we have no real confirmation yet that the kidney is hers.

We grab coffee and arrive home.  My SIL leaves, and within another 10 minutes we get the call: It's yours, let's find a bed for you while you get on the road. 

I had to dump a suitcase full of dirty clothes and hope to heaven that I have enough clean clothes to get me through a few MORE days out of town.

We are here at UR Hospital, checked in. She will need dialysis before the surgery, and she is scheduled in the morning.

Thank you for all of your ongoing prayers and support. I'll update as I can.

DeeDee


1 comment: