Sunday, June 18, 2023

The Merry-go-round.......

 "Mom.  Mom, I think I need to go to the hospital."

My brother drove up from Philly yesterday to help out. So far he has put a ceiling light fixture back together, and shared 3 bottles of wine with me.  We had a significant sibling therapy session until about 2 AM. I gotta stop drinking. It makes ducking medical sh.....stuff happen, apparently.

Babygirl was doing well enough yesterday.  She walked with me through the Farmers' Market, and I pushed her in a wheelchair cart through Aldi. After a long nap, we went to Walmart where she practiced driving a store scooter. 

Around midnight, she called me to the bathroom to look a clot she'd passed.  It was 2-3 cm x 1 cm, but her urine otherwise looked normal. "We just have to keep an eye on it."

At 5:30 she woke me up and told me that couldn't void at all, and she was in pain.  Enough pain to make her cry.  I'd like to point out that this has happened only once before, due to nerve pain after a spinal tap. Her pain levels in the hospital with a fresh 9" incision she rated as 5/10.  This she gave 7-8/10.  We called the Transplant Team as we were driving to the ER. They agreed that local assessment was appropriate. 

Currently she is parked at Wilson, with a catheter back in place. Her bladder drained almost 800 cc, and she feels much better. I'm across the street at McDonald's getting breakfast and coffee, waiting for labs. 

I would very much like to get off of this ride.

DeeDee 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry she had so much pain poor girl pray 🙏 it will get better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you doc! Praying for you all

    ReplyDelete