Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The New Countdown.....

I got a call from neurology today confirming the 30th as the date for the testing.  It was reassuring to hear that the neurologist himself had called his scheduler to make sure things were all set, and that he asked her to check with me to see that things were not deteriorating further.  I'm to call immediately if that happens, and I have to say it's nice to hear someone say that they are concerned and paying attention. 

Fortunately we do not have to go down for a separate anaesthesia evaluation.  She was assessed by the sedation team in August for the biopsy that never happened, so she's up-to-date with them.  I'm considering calling nephrology to reschedule our visit for 10 days early to match up with this.

All that's left for me to do is to start a new countdown: 15 more days. 

Is there anybody besides me out there who is utterly astonished by the fact that Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow?  I have't bought the turkey that I should start thawing today.  I don't know who's coming, haven't sent out the engraved invitations, and haven't gotten any up-front offers to help with the meal. 

Ah, well.  "Ye have  not because ye ask not."  Time to get out the engraver.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment