Friday, September 14, 2012

WHY the Heck.....

Why the heck is it that CHOP manages to call when they aren't changing anything but seems to miss us when they ARE???

We had preliminary results when we left on Monday, as usual.  Because of her neutropenia, the team was going to discuss possible medication changes on Tuesday.  By the end of Wednesday I had heard nothing, so on Thursday I called.  The "Lab Report Line" lets you leave a message and promised to call back within two working days, so I might not hear until Monday, right?

Today they called, and they want to decrease Babygirl's mycophenylate.  The only way to do this is to start a liquid, which they want to do immediately.  Ummm, really? 

So they fax it to our pharmacy, which does not stock it.  They can get it by Tuesday.  I spent an hour calling every type of pharmacy locally - Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aide, Medicine Shoppe, the local grocery pharmacies and the local hospital pharmacies and the local private pharmacies, and more than one of each type when applicable.  Everybody can get it by Tuesday.

So, I cancelled my afternoon.  I'm finishing paperwork, putting gas in Rhonda the Honda and hieing off to a pharmacy 75 miles away, at the University.  They close at six.  Wish me luck, and a ticket-free ride.

Thank GOD I take good blood pressure meds.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment