Monday, August 6, 2012

Working a Full Week......

I am scheduled to see patients every day this week.  I'm pretty proud about it - it's only happened two or three times in the past year or so.  But I'm deluding myself if I call this a "full" week.  As always, there is something or other that makes it challenging to get in those forty hours.

I started this morning by realizing as I awoke that Babygirl was supposed to get blood work this morning, before her dose of pills.  Thankfully we were told we could do it locally even though it will take a few days for the tacrolimus level to show up.  Not a problem, except that Babygirl was on a sleepover and took her meds with her!  I had to call, wake people up, and go take her to the lab and then return her, all before starting my day. 

I left work an hour early to grab my mom and take her to see her doctor.  I started calling her at 12:30 and finally woke her up at 3 PM.  I told her to take her pills and get ready to go to the doctor.  She didn't remember she had an appointment even though I told her twice last week.  On the way there she scolded me for taking her.  She could go herself, she still drives, remembers where the office is, yada yada yada.  I pointed out, as kindly as I could, that she would have slept through her appointment if I hadn't awakened her, and wouldn't have remembered to go.  She missed an appointment last week despite instructions on time and place, but I decided not to mention that one.

(As an aside, I have to say that I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that her doctor talks to me rather than her, as if she weren't even in the room.  She's not that demented yet, doc - talk to HER. I'll help out when you need me to!)

I got home, made dinner, played a game with Hubby (check out Dominion - it's a great game).

Tomorrow I'm supposed to start with a house call.  I forgot to grab the chart, so I'll have to run to the office, pick it up, and then figure out where the heck this place IS.  The first house call is always the toughest, but I really like this family so it should be okay.

Tomorrow afternoon I leave work early to have a root canal rechecked.  It's fine, but they want to get an x-ray a year after I had it done.  It's closer to two years, but hey, I've been occupied!

Next Monday is another Philly day, so no full work week there either. 

Thank God we couldn't afford to go to the beach.  I don't think I'd have enough paid time off to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment