Sunday, November 24, 2013

Downtime.....

Downtime is not something I get a lot of.  And forced downtime is not something I do well.  I've spent the weekend fighting migraine after migraine, and accomplishing nothing.  I'm sure the flare has to do with the incredible amount of computer screen time I'm facing while learning the new medical records program at work, and the stress that goes with it.  It's considerable stress.

So I've had to let my body shut down, sleep when it needs to sleep, wake when it needs to be awake, and do nothing in between. 

I'm grateful that it hit on the weekend (not counting Friday afternoon I suppose).  I'm grateful for medications to take.  And I'm grateful for a warm, cozy blanket to snuggle under.  I can't really read, and I can't really concentrate, and I surely cannot listen to music.  But I can, between headaches, enjoy the freedom to do nothing.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment