Sunday, November 3, 2013

Makes You Wonder.....

There should be no doubt remaining in anyone's mind that I have an odd family.  Just the fact that I have an Aunt Squirrelly ought to cover all the ground needed.  But every once in a while, some random piece of oddness sticks out a little.

On one of the last nights my Dad was here he broke into a conversation in progress with, "What?  There are no patients left?" 

My mind went a little blank.  After all, I don't bring them HOME with me.

He went on, "WHY are your toenails painted?  There must NOT be any patients left if you are dressed to go dancing!" 

Aside from the fact that it was warm enough to wear my ugly flat sandals on the first of November, I couldn't really see what caught his attention.  My last pedi was a month ago at least but those tootsies still have sparkly bright pink polish.  I couldn't think of a single thing to ask that would bring clarity. And 'speechless' is NOT my middle name.

Patients?  Dancing?  Toenails?  Anybody?

Maybe our old Doc McMahon never painted HIS toenails unless he was going dancing.

DeeDee

No comments:

Post a Comment